File a Claim
When a work injury occurs, prior to filing a claim, we recommend that you:
Get your injured employee medical attention immediately by:
- Calling 911 (if needed).
- Providing first aid (if trained staff is available).
- Taking or sending the injured employee to a State Fund Medical Provider Network (MPN) facility if he or she has not predesignated a physician.
- Employees who have predesignated can be sent to their personal physician.
File A Claim
Report a claim to State Fund by:
- Log on to State Fund Online and report a claim electronically.
- Calling our toll-free Customer Service Center at (888) 782-8338. An expert claims representative will assist you with reporting an injury and locating a Medical Provider Network doctor.
- Go to our Claims Kit page to download and complete the required claims documents. Completed forms should be faxed to (800) 371-5905. As an employer, you’ll also find other non-claim-related forms you are required by law to post or provide. Go to our Employer Requirements page to download them.
If your employee’s injury was serious or resulted in death, you should contact the Division of Occupational Safety & Health’s Cal/OSHA Enforcement Unit immediately. You may obtain Cal/OSHA Enforcement Unit District Office information online at www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/Districtoffices.htm.