Why State Fund
State Fund is the largest provider of workers’ compensation insurance in California. We’ve helped support California’s entrepreneurial spirit since 1914 by maintaining our financial strength and open door policy of serving California’s small and large businesses across all industries.
- Diverse and comprehensive coverage options. State Fund offers group discounts, a merit rating plan, and lower-than-average premiums in some classifications and industries.
- Medical Provider Network. Quality, reliable and convenient treatment services provide peace of mind to injured workers.
- Safety programs. No-cost loss prevention, return to work programs and health and safety seminars help keep workplaces safe and get workers back to work more quickly.
- Fraud prevention. State Fund actively fights fraud to keep costs down for all of California. Our Special Investigation Unit (SIU) has been instrumental in both the prevention and prosecution of fraudulent activity.
- In it for the long haul. State Fund has never pulled out of the market, and we never will.
Note: State Compensation Insurance Fund is not a branch of the State of California.