state fund logo
Small Business Resource Center

New Business Resources

Besides acquiring workers’ compensation insurance, there are other requirements to starting a new business.

Below are agencies that may provide additional assistance to you:

California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC): The CPUC protects consumers and ensures the provision of safe, reliable utility service and infrastructure at reasonable rates, with a commitment to environmental enhancement and a healthy California economy.

California Secretary of State: The Secretary of State’s office maintains records and provides resources and services to anyone wanting to do business in California.

California Small Business Association (CSBA): The CSBA is a non-profit organization that provides small businesses a meaningful voice in state and federal government.

Contractors State Licensing Board (CSLB): The CSLB licenses and regulates California’s construction industry.

Department of Industrial Relations (DIR): The DIR promotes improved working conditions and advances opportunities for profitable employment in California.

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): The DMV registers vehicles in California and licenses their drivers.

Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA): Cal/OSHA protects workers and the public from safety hazards through their various programs and consultative services.

Employment Development Department (EDD): The EDD helps connect jobseekers and employers in an effort to build California’s economy.

Copyright © 2000-2022 State Compensation Insurance Fund
Website Terms of Use, Website Privacy Policy and Information Sharing Disclosure